The Department of Trade and Industry (DTI) just released a new advisory for Overseas Filipino Workers about the items they're not allowed to put inside the balik-bayan boxes.
Furthermore, they are required to declare the total amount of the items present inside due to the controversies in custom tax and other issues.
Below is the complete list of the items that are not allowed inside the balik-bayan box:
- Money orders and Traveler’s checks
- Firearms, Ammunitions and Explosives
- Prohibited Drugs and Other Substances
- Pornographic Materials
- Gambling Cards
- Toy Guns
- Pirated Products
- Items of Commercial Quantity
- Plant Seeds and Plant Materials
- Food Not Contained in Cans, Sealed Packages or in Bottles
For complaints or inquiry contact DTI at firstname.lastname@example.org or call DTI direct (02)751-3330 or 09178343330.
Source: JB Solis