People must know the early symptoms of HIV because early detection of this infection can help ensure that you receive proper treatment to control the virus, and possibly slow the progression into AIDS.
Signs and Symptoms
* Fever: People may experience night sweats as a response to the fever. This fever is an inflammatory reaction to the virus entering your blood stream.
* Headache or Migraine: Almost 50% of people infected with HIV will experience headaches as a symptom, while 27% will experience chronic migraines.
* Fatigue: Fatigue associated with HIV is the most under-reported symptom. Many people suffer from chronic fatigue do not realize it is a medical condition.
* Aching Muscles: Sore muscles and joint pain are the most common symptoms of HIV infection. This can be caused by the swollen lymph nodes or from rheumatic illnesses.
* Weight Loss: Weight loss is usually happening as a progression of the disease in HIV infected individuals.
* Skin Rash: Skin rash is one of the most common symptoms of HIV. It is called the “HIV rash”, this symptom can be seen in approximately 85% of cases.
* Yeast Infection: Infected persons immune system becomes weak. The cause of this infection is a fungus called Candida. It can affect the body in different ways, such as vaginal yeast infections, thrush, intestinal infections, and more.
* Sore Throat: It may be an early indicator of HIV infection. It can also happen later in the disease as the infected person immune system becomes compromised.
If you think you are infected with HIV, go to your doctor as soon as possible to give you right medication.
Source: My Healthy Book