Most often, spider veins are found on the legs -- thighs, back of the calves, insides of the legs and ankles. This is due to the high pressures veins in the lower extremities have to endure – just think about the force of gravity, the pressure of body weight, and needing to carry blood all the way up to the heart.
Treatment of Spider Veins
The following remedies when applied directly to the veins can help relieve the symptoms and shrink them quickly.
1. Soak a piece of cloth in raw unprocessed Apple Cider Vinegar and wrap it around the area with spider webs. Leave it there for 15 to 20 minutes and then remove.Repeat twice a day until you can no longer see the veins.
2. Mix 2 to 3 drops of lemon oil with other essential oil (such as jojoba, coconut, almond oil). Massage the area with the protruding veins a few times a day.
3. Mix a few drops of mustard oil with other essential oil and apply it to the affected area. Use the blend twice daily.
Looking at the list of causes of spider veins there are things that need to be changed in your daily routine if you want to avoid the spidery formations in the long-run.
- Maintain a healthy body weight and exercise regularly.
- Avoid sitting or standing for long periods of time.
- Break the habit of always crossing your legs.
- Don’t wear high heels, especially heels higher than 3 centimeters.
- Enjoy a spicy diet. Many spices improve blood circulation.
- Elevate your legs. Elevating your feet above the level of your heart 3 or 4 times a day for about 15 minutes at a time helps to reduce the pressure on your legs.