Dark elbows and knees make your skin appear uneven. It is a very common issue that can really drain one’s self esteem thus covering up with long sleeved tops and beyond knee dresses.
If this is bothersome during the summer months or you are embarrassed to be seen in a T-shirt, don't panic! There are several natural remedies and skin care techniques which will help you rid yourself of worrisome dark coloration on your elbows and knees.
1. All you have to do is apply some aloe Vera gel on your elbows and knees and let it sit for 20 minutes.
2. Make a mixture of 1 part of water and 3 parts of baking soda to form a paste. Apply the mixture and leave it to dry for around 5 minutes. Rinse with cold water after.
3. Place grinded potatoes or a sliced potato into the affected areas and leave it for 15 minutes. After that wash your neck with icy water.
4. Rub lemon juice on your elbows and knees for 5 minutes. Wait for another 20 minutes before rinsing it with a warm water.
5. Make a paste of olive oil and sugar. Apply this mixture on your knees, elbows and rub it for 5 minutes. Wash it off with cold water.
6. Mix equal parts of milk, curd and flour to get a paste. Apply the mixture and let it stay for 15 minutes. Rinse with tap water.
Source: For Healthy Lifestyle