You probably think that the eggshells is not useful, so after it is broken, you throw it away. However, there is something you did not know -- eggshells may be pretty beneficial for you.
Amazing Uses of Eggshells
* Homemade Toothpaste
Since our teeth are essentially made up of calcium, toothpaste made from eggshells will surely help strengthen our teeth and refurbish it with minerals. Overtime, it sufficiently re-mineralizes your teeth.
- Take the eggshells from 12 eggs and boil them
- Then, dry them and grind them to get a powder
- Put the powder in a bowl and add 1-3 tablespoons of coconut oil, one tablespoon of baking soda and ten drops of essential oil
- Then, put the mixture in a jar. Use this paste as regular toothpaste every morning for brushing your teeth.
* Whiten Your Clothes
Eggshells can also whiten your clothes and make them stay white for longer.
- Crush several eggshells
- Mix them with a few lemon slices and put them in a cloth bag
- When you use your washing machine, put this cloth along with the clothes
* Nourishing Face Mask
- Pulverize dried eggshells with a mortar and pestle
- Then whisk this fine powder with an added egg white
- Allow the face mask to dry before rinsing it off
* Treat Skin Irritations
- Drop an eggshell into a small container of apple-cider vinegar
- Let it soak for a couple of days
- Apply the mixture to minor skin irritations or to itchy skin
Source: Healthy Living House