However, certain food and drinks will directly stain the teeth which will actually break down the enamel, and weakening it as we age. As the enamel breaks down, it reveals the yellow dentin underneath.
Fortunately, with a bit of patience, you can naturally restore whiteness to your teeth. They’ll appear more like you took good care of your pretty pearly whites rather than just bleaching them like crazy.
Homemade Baking Soda And Coconut Oil Toothpaste Ingredients:
- 2 tablespoons Coconut Oil
- 2 tablespoons Baking Soda
- 10 drops of Peppermint oil (optional)
1. Mix baking soda and coconut oil in a small container, until it forms a paste like consistency
2. Add several drops of peppermint oil and mix (*peppermint is optional)
Does Baking Soda Whiten Teeth?
Baking soda reduces the acidity on teeth making it appear more visibly white. This is how:
- It has an anti – bacterial property that kills bacteria.
- It has a mild abrasive property to remove the stains from teeth.
- It acts as natural teeth whitener and prevents the teeth from staining again.
- It releases free radicals when dissolved in water. If you apply this solution on teeth, then the free radicals will interact with the stain causing molecules on the teeth enamel.
- It also clears the plaque from teeth which in turn help to prevent teeth from decaying and freshens breath.
- It neutralizes the agents which are causing discoloration and foul odors.
Source: Health Extremist